Sunday, July 10, 2016

Farm day before we head home

I'm sitting at the kitchen table while the kids are playing board games in the dining room. They've been playing for more than three hours, stopping for pizza and Kubota rides. And laughing. So much laughing. I'm pretty sure that playing board games every night would make the world a better place.

It's been a cloudy, low key day at the farm. We're all pretty tired after such a busy week.

This morning we rinsed out our tie dye projects then we went to 392, a coffee shop in Clinton, twenty miles away - my niece, Peyton, has a job there this summer.

We said goodbye to Paul who headed right back to Chicago for Bishop Formation School this afternoon. It might be called something else but I know it's NOT called Baby Bishop School - though the kids may have mentioned that once or twice. I am so grateful he was able to spend this week with us - I know the kids are too.

The world's friendliest farm cat, Tuxie, made an appearance today. That's about as exciting as things got besides exploring all of the fields on the Kubota - each taking as many turns as possible.

The sunset was beautiful. Their phones were returned briefly which leads to frantic checking of all things social media, including stuff I don't fully understand. Popcorn and a movie, then eventually off to bed.

We've had such a good week but I think everyone is ready to head back home. In the morning we'll be up to pack and eat breakfast. My mom's going to show them how to make cinnamon rolls on the waffle iron - I can't wait. I know that the reality and tensions back home will be there soon enough.

Pastor Lynn














1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this adventure - so grateful for your love for these kiddos and for your leadership. You are a vessel of God's love!

    ReplyDelete